Sunday, June 8, 2014

The end of the tunnel

Tunnel

The Ernest A. Johnson Tunnel is a short little bypass of Lincoln Square that squirts you out onto Main Street from under Lincoln Square. It's a superfluous road in a section of the city that doesn't really need a tunnel, but I love it, for no other reason than there's something viscerally cool about a tunnel.

My favorite part of riding through the tunnel is coming out of it. That contrast of dark and light just adds, I don't know, something theatrical. It makes it an event.

It's fun, and the general rule I employ is that if it's fun, it's fun on a bike, too. I have been looking for new places to take the Fuji and I have enjoyed every inch I've traveled on my shiny new bike. It has truly been a great experience, and it has only been a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment